Show Mobile Search Hide Mobile Search Show Mobile Social Media Hide Mobile Social Media Show Mobile Menu Hide Mobile Menu
Montgomery County Made of Something Stronger - Link to Homepage
Visit us on Facebook  Visit us on YouTube  Visit us on Twitter     View our Video Tour

Support Collection Unit

Contact Information


Montgomery County Child Support
The Department of Social Services
64 Broadway
Fonda, NY 12068

Mailing Address

Montgomery County Child Support
PO Box 845
Fonda, NY 12068

Mailing Address For Payments

(Money Order with Account Number Referenced)
NYS Child Support Processing Center
PO Box 15363
Albany, NY 12212-5363

Customer Service Helpline

1-888-208-4485 (8am - 7pm)
1-800-846-0773 (pmts - 24/7)

518-853-5076 (local office)

Mission Statement

Montgomery County Child Support assists parents and/or custodians with the tools and resources they need to help them provide both financially and medically for their families.

  • New York law states that parents are financially responsible for their children until the age of 21.
  • We are here to assist the Custodial party in obtaining an order of support, both financial and medical from the Non-Custodial party.
  • We help those parties that reside in or have an order in Montgomery County. We also work with other NY counties as well as other states agencies.

Services We Provide

  • Locating Non-Custodial Parents
  • Establishment of Paternity
  • Assisting Clients in preparing and filing appropriate support modification and violation petitions
  • Establishing / Enforcing Medical Support
  • Collect, monitor and disburse all support payment
  • Enforce the collection of unpaid support by various administrative means such as Income and Property Executions(bank accounts), Driver’s License, Business & Gaming License Suspensions, Federal and State Tax Withholdings and Property/Asset Seizures as well as reporting to the Credit Bureaus

More Information and Websites

You can download these applications for Child Support Services and bring them to the local office:

You will also need to provide copies of Birth Certificates, Social Security cards for both you and your child(ren) as well as any current orders in place including Child Support, Marriage / Judgments of Divorce and / or Custody Agreements.

New York State Child Support Website*
US Department of Health & Human Services – Administration for Children & Families Website *