Show Mobile Search Hide Mobile Search Show Mobile Social Media Hide Mobile Social Media Show Mobile Menu Hide Mobile Menu
Montgomery County Made of Something Stronger - Link to Homepage
Visit us on Facebook  Visit us on YouTube  Visit us on Twitter     View our Video Tour

Family Services

Foster Care

Children enter Foster Care for different reasons including being removed from neglectful or abusive caretakers and those who are placed by the Family Court due to being adjudicated, Persons in Need of Supervision (PINS) or Juvenile Delinquents (JD). Caseworkers provide services to the family and the children to achieve child welfare outcomes in an effort to return the children to their families in the most expeditious fashion. Children who enter foster care may be placed in residential treatment facilities, group homes, and certified foster homes.

Adoption Services

Some children who are placed in Foster Care are not able to be returned to their caretakers and are subsequently legally freed for adoption. Caseworkers provide services and support to these children and work to match them with a family who will legally adopt them and become their “forever family”. If you are interested in adopting, please call 518.853.8275.

Foster and Adoptive Home Finding

Should an individual or couple want to join an exclusive group who open their homes and hearts to children who can no longer reside with their caretakers for various reasons, please call 518.853.8275 to find out how to become certified foster or adoptive parents. An intensive home study process which includes background checks and at least 30 hours of training are required as well as annual training updates.


PINS - Person In Need of Supervision Diversion Services are provided to youth and families struggling with chronic truancy, drug/alcohol use, violating curfew; and disruptive behaviors in the home, school or the community. The PINS Diversion program will provide the least restrictive intervention needed to prevent out of the home placements. If you are aware of a child in need of PINS Diversion Services please call 518.853.8275.