Florida Volunteer Fire Department

Chief: Les Bramer

Meetings: Meetings on the 1st Tuesday of the month. Drills 3rd Tuesday of the month.

Location: 6252 STHWY 30 Amsterdam, NY 12010

Phone: 518-843-6286

Our department has 2 stations. We cover 88 square miles in our district, which is primarily rural. We also cover 11 miles on the New York State Thruway. There are 2 rest areas in that 11 miles. The only rest areas in Montgomery County. We have 40 members in total and about 20 of them are active. Our department gets about 180 calls a year, 70% of them are E.M.S. calls since we go when the ambulance is called. The other 30% is broke up between mutual aid, car accidents and fires. Our services for the community are fire suppression, rescue, vehicle extrication, E.M.S., cellar pump outs, chimney cleaning and we also deliver water to those in need during the dry months for a small donation.

We have an excellent fire police division which makes all of our calls a very safe environment. It is headed by our 3rd Assistant Chief and he has 2 Lieutenants under him. We also have a junior firefighter program which gets teenagers between the ages of 16 and 18 familiar to the fire service. So if you are 16 years old you can join our department and be a firefighter. All of our members are volunteers. Everyone of them put in a great deal of time to make everything run smoothly.

Get Acrobat Reader - Download to view PDFs

© 2018 Montgomery County, New York  |  All Rights Reserved

*NOTE: Links marked with an asterisk are not managed by the Montgomery County Fire Service. They are provided for your convenience only. We bear no responsibility for their content.