Show Mobile Search Hide Mobile Search Show Mobile Social Media Hide Mobile Social Media Show Mobile Menu Hide Mobile Menu
Visit us on Facebook  Visit us on YouTube  Visit us on Twitter     View our Video Tour

Addiction Services

Medical Treatment for Addiction

Medical treatments for addiction are provided by a practitioner of addiction medicine at St. Mary's Hospital Outpatient Addiction Clinic. Methadone medication is available for heroin addiction and suboxone and other medications are available for alcohol and other opiate based addictions. Persons interested in such services should contact St. Mary's Hospital Outpatient Addiction Clinic at 76 Guy Park Ave., Amsterdam, NY 12010, Phone: 518.843.4410.

Counseling - Addictions

Outpatient counseling services for people experiencing an addiction is provided by St. Mary's Hospital 76 Guy Park Avenue., Amsterdam, NY 12010 Phone: 518.843.4410. A variety of individual and group counseling services are provided for individuals seeking recovery from alcohol and/or substance addiction.

Rehabilitation - Inpatient

Inpatient rehabilitation for addiction is provided by St. Mary's Hospital 427 Guy Park, Avenue, Amsterdam, NY 12010 Phone: 518.841.7325. Individuals seeking such assistance should contact the hospital or go to the Emergency Room at St. Mary's Hospital.

Prevention Services

Addiction prevention services are provided by Catholic Charities of Fulton and Montgomery Counties at 518.762.8313 and by the HFM Prevention Council at 518.736.8188. Both not-for-profit organizations provide a variety of addiction prevention programs to students throughout the school districts of Montgomery County. In addition Catholic Charities provides addiction counseling services to children in the school districts. Information can also be obtained from your school district.

Residential for Women

Residential services for women recovering from addiction is provided by the Mental Health Association for Fulton and Montgomery County. Women with a diagnosis of an addiction who are willing and able to participate in outpatient recovery services may reside in the residence for part of their recovery. Women with pre-school aged children can reside in the residence with their children. People seeking this service should contact the Mental Health Association at 518.842.5131.

Drug Court/MHCourt

Individuals charged with a non-violent misdemeanor and demonstrating a history of addiction may apply through their attorney to participate in "Drug Court" in lieu of incarceration. Individuals facing such charges should discuss this option with their attorney.

Get Acrobat Reader - Download to view PDFs

© 2018 Montgomery County, New York  |  All Rights Reserved
Contact the Webmaster   |   Employees

*NOTE: Links marked with an asterisk are not managed by Montgomery County. They are provided for your convenience only. We bear no responsibility for their content.
*External sites may require a subscription for viewing content.