Montgomery County
Skip to main content
Go Search
Montgomery County Homepage


 Content Editor Web Part

This page has moved! If your browser doesn't automatically redirect within a few seconds, please click here to visit the new page.

 Foster Care

Children enter Foster Care for different reasons including being removed from neglectful or abusive caretakers and those who are placed by the Family Court due to being adjudicated, Persons in Need of Supervision (PINS) or Juvenile Delinquents (JD).  Caseworkers provide services to the family and the children to achieve child welfare outcomes in an effort to return the children to their families in the most expeditious fashion.  Children who enter foster care may be placed in residential treatment facilities, group homes, and certified foster homes.

 Adoption Services

Some children who are placed in Foster Care are not able to be returned to their caretakers and are subsequently legally freed for adoption.  Caseworkers provide services and support to these children and work to match them with a family who will legally adopt them and become their “forever family”.  If you are interested in adopting, please call (518) 853-8275.

 Foster and Adoptive Home Finding

Should an individual or couple want to join an exclusive group who open their homes and hearts to children who can no longer reside with their caretakers for various reasons, please call (518) 853-8275 to find out how to become certified foster or adoptive parents.  An intensive home study process which includes background checks and at least 30 hours of training are required as well as annual training updates.



PINS - Person In Need of Supervision Diversion Services are provided to youth and families struggling with chronic truancy, drug/alcohol use, violating curfew; and disruptive behaviors in the home, school or the community. The PINS Diversion program will provide the least restrictive intervention needed to prevent out of the home placements. If you are aware of a child in need of PINS Diversion Services please call (518) 853-8275.

NOTE: Links marked with an asterisk are not managed by Montgomery County. They are provided for your convenience only. We bear no responsibility for their content.